Continue on to discover the significance of prompt medical attention after an accident and how an experienced Parsipanny, New Jersey personal injury lawyer at The Macri Law Group can assist you in seeking the appropriate treatment and earning the compensation you require for your healing process.
How does proof of medical attention support my personal injury claim?
Receiving medical attention with urgency after an accident is needed so that your injuries can be detected and the treatment you require can be determined. This, in turn, will build up the proof you need for a successful personal injury claim. The following are reasons why immediate medical care will support your claim:
- Satisfying the burden of proof: for a personal injury claim, you are required to collect evidence that will back up every statement of the other party’s negligence. Thus, medical documentation is an example of an essential piece of evidence.
- Establishing causation: the longer you wait, the harder it is to prove that the accident was the direct cause of your injuries. With this, you give the jury, judge, and the other party’s insurance company grounds to question not only the correlation but the seriousness of your injuries.
- Maximizing your settlement offer: If you do not seek immediate aid, you may not know the full extent of your injuries, the total cost of damages, and therefore the total amount you should settle for. Once you accept a settlement that does not cover all of your medical expenses, you cannot go back and request more.
It is also important to note that the statute of limitations for personal injury claims in New Jersey is generally two years from the date of the accident, and anytime after that, you will be barred from suing. Indirectly, delaying medical assistance can delay your decision to file a claim and ultimately leave you solely responsible for your expenses.
You should not have to go through this process alone. If you need any assistance with seeking medical care or filing your claim, do not hesitate in reaching out to a skilled Parsipanny, New Jersey personal injury lawyer today.
How do I receive the right medical attention after an accident?
Below are the steps you should follow for proper medical attention that will benefit your personal injury claim:
- At the scene of the accident, call 911. The police will likely call medical attention on your behalf.
- Once they are on the scene, allow the medical professionals to attend to you immediately.
- After leaving the scene, go to the hospital independently and consistently to receive treatment as necessary. Be sure to collect all medical bills and documents.
CONTACT OUR MORRIS COUNTY FIRM
The Macri Law Group is proud to serve clients throughout Morris County who are faced with legal matters related to estate planning, personal injury and medical malpractice. If you require the services of an experienced team of attorneys, contact The Macri Law Group today to schedule a consultation.